Pervision’s first-ever LIVE episode happened on December 3rd, 2022, via QCinema’s Facebook Page. There, we talked about the festival’s Asian Shorts program, including Petersen Vargas’ How To Die Young In Manila and Rafael Manuel’s Filipiñana.
Listen to the full episode below:
This week’s featured films
In this episode, we tackled Asian Shorts, a brand-new program from QCinema.
For its debut, it screened six interesting short films, including Petersen Vargas’ How To Die Young In Manila, Sorayos Prapapan’s New Abnormal, Vũ Minh Nghĩa and Phạm Hoàng Minh Thy’s Live in Cloud Cuckoo Land, Monica Vanesa Tedja’s Dear To Me, Danech San’s Sunrise in My Mind, and Rafael Manuel’s Filipiñana.
This week’s guests
- Emil Hofileña is a film critic whose work has been published in Rogue, Young STAR, Philippine Daily Inquirer, and Out of Print, among other publications. He served as a juror for FAMAS from 2018 to 2019.
- Jason Tan Liwag is an openly gay scientist, actor, and writer. He is one of six emerging international film critics part of the Young Film Critics Programme of the 50th IFFR (International Film Festival Rotterdam).
- Tristan Zinampan is a writer, editor, podcaster, and Rappler’s resident film geek. He leads the website’s youth culture section, Hustle.
- Armand is a writer, podcaster, and content creator. He’s the host of the Pervision Podcast and the co-pilot of Unreel.
Follow Armand and this week’s guests on Twitter:
- Armand on Twitter @armanddc
- Emil on Twitter @emilhofilena
- Jason on Twitter @jaseybel
- Tristan on Twitter @tristanzinampan
QCinema is a homegrown, truly international film festival in the Philippines. It has its eyes set on its ongoing mission: “One city to the world.”